Monday, July 2, 2012

Sister Wives

My secret (well not any more ;) "trash tv" is Sister Wives... I just find it so facinating... The TLC "tell all" about their new book (No I am not that close of a follow, I had no idea there was a book...) is quite interesting. I can't imagine sharing my husband; but the idea of community living with other women to help out with the kids and each offer something different to the family is nice. I could never do it, but there are some interesting aspects.

I love how Kody's response to marital problems with his first 2 wives was to marry a 3rd, lol... And telling your wife (3rd one or not) that you weren't attracted to her (and never really said he currently was either) is not okay... As I've watched the shows one thing about this man that stands out it his covert emotional abuse. He's not outright about it most of the time, but he is controlling and always makes sure his wives know "their place."

The whole group parenting thing would be very difficult... I would not want 3 other women telling my kids how to grow up. But the support system would be nice... you know, if you liked them.

I do feel sad for the kids having to move to a different state because of their parents' choices. It's neat how they have different takes on whether or not they want to have a plural marriage.

Robin created an "alter-ego" to help deal with being stronger... that sounds a little worrysome...

I love how honest Christine is. She's probably my favorite... I do like Mary alot too. But I feel sad for her. She seems like there are parts of her that are so unhappy with her choice. I noticed throughout the show she gained alot of weight. She looks better now. The clinician in me really would love to sit down with each other them and discuss so much!

Okay, the sleep deprivation has gotten to me! Time to medicate the husband and go to bed! Back to work tomorrow

5 comments:

  1. I'll be your support and Travis doesn't even have to marry me, I'll just be here and help. <3 Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there - found you through Love of Life. I am obsessed with Sister Wives. I have an entire post written about that show (them). I haven't posted it yet... I love Christine too! She's definitely my favorite. She's honest and that's what I admire most. This is mean to say but, I don't love Robin. She kind of threw the whole dynamic off. Oh well. I bet you're wondering who this weirdo is writing such a long comment. I promise I'm not that strange... Feel see to come visit at mygreenpen.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! Us weirdos have to stick together ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of weirdos, if Sarah becomes your Sister Wife/support, does that make YOU my daughter-in-love, too? Hmmm....I don't watch the show, but wonder if it addresses the in-laws at all? Must make for some interesting dynamics! My guilty pleasure....the Real Housewives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be a daughter-in-love to the Great Lakes!

    ReplyDelete