Sunday, September 16, 2012

Update

So over the last 2 months, I have lost 21 lbs. While I was looking to lose some weight, this was not the way I wanted to do it. I have been on steriod medications, anti-spasmatics, anti-nausea, and pain meds. I still can't wear normal pants, but the pain is a little better today. The colonoscopy showed I do still have Crohn's disease (no joke), but it's not severe enough to be causing the symptoms I am having. So the next test will be a camera swallow. I've had it down before, it's kinda weird. It's the size of a really big multi-vitamin and has a light that blinks on every few minutes to take a photo inside. It's kind of a cool little thing. You wear a belt with a transmitter and they download the pics after it passes through.

I'm working with another doctor thanks to one of my besties Natalie:

(This was so long ago, but I LOVE IT)
She's a fellow Crohn's sufferer and had great success with the approach from Dr. Lawrence. So for the next 2 weeks, I am flooding the body with good bacteria, enzymes, and gluten-free diet (I was supposed to do dairy and gluten-free, but I can't do it... I need my dairy). I've made it 2 days so far... lol... Not noticing a difference yet, but hopefully soon....Anyway, that's the update on my health.

In other news, my birthday is on Tuesday. Last year of my 20's... Maybe it's cuz I've been so sick, but I'm not excited about it like I usually am. I mean, I'm not depressed either... just don't really care... Maybe it's the promise of gluten-free cake that makes it sound less than fun...lol

2 comments:

  1. Gluten-free it up, sista! Love you! Can't wait for celebration tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! I think the last year of your 20's will be absolutely wonderful, being a newlywed and all. Trust me, it only gets better...really! Hope to see you soon, Mama Lake.

    ReplyDelete